rayschatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk all about the Tampa Bay Rays here!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Off to a good start

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KAKid

KAKid

Off to a good start Empty
PostSubject: Off to a good start   Off to a good start EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:16 am

Hi, guys. A sweet sweep of the Yanks to start the season. Hellickson picked up right where he left off from last year. Although I wish Damon was with us, the addition of Scott and Keppinger were, I believe, smart but understated acquisitions. I'm hoping Molina will prove his value as a mentor for the younger, up and coming backstops. Pena What a Face , well that's a no-brainer. It's way to early for any predictions, but it appears to me the Rays have a solid, highly motivated and competitive team on the field. We have a pretty tough schedule ahead of us the rest of April, so we shall see!
I was also VERY pleased to see more fans wearing RAYS gear than Yankee gear during this homestand Very Happy . THAT speaks volumes!
Back to top Go down
TBraysfanforever
Admin
TBraysfanforever

PostSubject: Re: Off to a good start   Off to a good start EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:26 pm

KAKid wrote:
Hi, guys. A sweet sweep of the Yanks to start the season. Hellickson picked up right where he left off from last year. Although I wish Damon was with us, the addition of Scott and Keppinger were, I believe, smart but understated acquisitions. I'm hoping Molina will prove his value as a mentor for the younger, up and coming backstops. Pena What a Face , well that's a no-brainer. It's way to early for any predictions, but it appears to me the Rays have a solid, highly motivated and competitive team on the field. We have a pretty tough schedule ahead of us the rest of April, so we shall see!
I was also VERY pleased to see more fans wearing RAYS gear than Yankee gear during this homestand Very Happy . THAT speaks volumes!

We are finally starting to show that we do have fans in Tampa. Sadly, our attendance will probably still be low, but perhaps we will actually go up at least a little in attendance. Sorry that I haven't been able to post on MLB, I posted why on another thread, but that's why I haven't been around. I have actually been there watching and reading about every game just can't post. I will on here though. Sadly we followed up a sweep with a 2-1 series loss. Now we have been pretty terrible offensively for four straight games. We really only had two good offensive games this season.. That's not a good sign. I hope things don't turn into last year.
Back to top Go down
https://rayschatter.forumotion.com
djhmmoh

djhmmoh

PostSubject: Re: Off to a good start   Off to a good start EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:43 am

Hi Guys,
Glad to see a little action here, I am a bit tired of the Rays site. It seems to have turned into a chat forum. The Rays have surely fielded a team that will continue to excite us in the coming months. It seems that Luke Scott was a great addition atittude-wise and a potent bat as well, but we will have to see if he can be used regularly enough to produce big numbers. Keppinger is a real put the bat on the ball kinda guy, just hope we can get runners on for him, otherwise the defensive sacrfice may not be justified.
Loved S-Rod, but for me the honeymoon is over and it is time for him to settle in and get er done! His defense doesn't match Brignac and his AB's aren't exciting me either. The jury is still out on him as it is early.
I think the funk on the roadtrip can be blamed on BJ Upton. The team did not seem itself in the outfield and I think Matt Joyce proved why he is in RF. Now that he is back it seems as if all is well. Nice to see him produce last night. He does usually start and finish strong, but I think this is his contract year, maybe he can stay focused all the way.
Peña and Longo got the corners and that leaves us with the problem still seemingly unsolved from last year. Catcher. I was excited when they signed Molina, but that hasn't panned out as of yet. No bat, no defense and we don't really have the stall of younger catchers for him to mentor. I wonder if there is a physical reason for him not getting down or over on pitches in the dirt, but he does stab at balls too often and too many are getting away or past him. Hope he isn't just gonna coast.
The deciding factor for us this year will of course be the starting pitching. Not only the quality but innings pitched! We need Farnsworth back to have a set-up closer situation, freeing Joe to use the bullpen in match up situations. If our guys come out in the 6th or earlier we are in trouble.
The starters need to be more agressive and stop nibbling with the count in their favor. Niemann has the stuff for 3 pitch strikeouts, but wastes alot of pitches. I think to a degree James and Davis do it as well, although with Davis it could just be control.
Looking forward to a great season although I probably won't make it to the States this year. My kid is playing on the Stockholm LL team hoping to make the LLWS in Pennsylvania, and is on the Swedish national team trying to qualify for the championships in Mexico.
Well, that's my opinion, probably worth what you paid for it, Go Rays!
Back to top Go down
TBraysfanforever
Admin
TBraysfanforever

PostSubject: Re: Off to a good start   Off to a good start EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:51 pm

I am hoping to get this site back on it's feet.. I haven't been on here in a while, but I still have a lot of trouble with MLB.

Also, tough loss tonight. Seems the Rays are through for this year... Better luck next year.
Back to top Go down
KAKid

KAKid

PostSubject: Re: Off to a good start   Off to a good start EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:34 am

Yeah, posts here have been kinda sparse Crying or Very sad , but I do keep checking on it from time to time. I do most of my postings on a BBQ cooking forum these days.

I still watch ALL the Rays' games via a subscription to MLB-TV(they have their own problems). Regardless of how the season ends up, I have been pleased that the Rays have kept the playoff run interesting, and we still have a chance to play spoiler. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
TBraysfanforever
Admin
TBraysfanforever

PostSubject: Re: Off to a good start   Off to a good start EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 10:48 pm

KAKid wrote:
Yeah, posts here have been kinda sparse Crying or Very sad , but I do keep checking on it from time to time. I do most of my postings on a BBQ cooking forum these days.

I still watch ALL the Rays' games via a subscription to MLB-TV(they have their own problems). Regardless of how the season ends up, I have been pleased that the Rays have kept the playoff run interesting, and we still have a chance to play spoiler. Cheers!

I do appreciate it! I am hoping more members will join up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off to a good start   Off to a good start Empty

Back to top Go down

Off to a good start
Page 1 of 1