rayschatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk all about the Tampa Bay Rays here!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My son, chilinuts and Longo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
djhmmoh

djhmmoh

My son, chilinuts and Longo Empty
PostSubject: My son, chilinuts and Longo   My son, chilinuts and Longo EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:16 am

First, let me set the scene to put everybody in the picture. It's a lazy Monday midday, we spent the weekend at a baseball tournament in northern Sweden, won all 5 games, the final 24-2, drove 4 hours to get home, watched Shields and the Sam Fuld show, which ended about 10PM here.
The kid is wired from the weekend, understandably, and it must be midnight before he gets to sleep. Let him sleep till 0930 this morning, eat a bit (we skipped the 5 hour practice today as he put in about 80 baseball hours last week), did some shopping and then he comes home to do his workout. Now last week he didn't workout because of baseball camp and practices, so after his 3rd set I find him on the couch eating CHILINUTS and watching TV. Naturally being the kind and understanding father I am, I remind him gently that he didn't work out last week so he should get in an extra set of each excersize. He says his arms are tired and I ask him, do you think Evan Longoria sits around eating chilinuts? Pretty good, huh? And you know what he says?... Probably, sometimes. So I'm asking for a 2nd opinion. Anybody out there with some inside information. Does Evan Longoria eat chilinuts???
Back to top Go down
TBraysfanforever
Admin
TBraysfanforever

My son, chilinuts and Longo Empty
PostSubject: Re: My son, chilinuts and Longo   My son, chilinuts and Longo EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:23 pm

djhmmoh wrote:

First, let me set the scene to put everybody in the picture. It's a lazy Monday midday, we spent the weekend at a baseball tournament in northern Sweden, won all 5 games, the final 24-2, drove 4 hours to get home, watched Shields and the Sam Fuld show, which ended about 10PM here.
The kid is wired from the weekend, understandably, and it must be midnight before he gets to sleep. Let him sleep till 0930 this morning, eat a bit (we skipped the 5 hour practice today as he put in about 80 baseball hours last week), did some shopping and then he comes home to do his workout. Now last week he didn't workout because of baseball camp and practices, so after his 3rd set I find him on the couch eating CHILINUTS and watching TV. Naturally being the kind and understanding father I am, I remind him gently that he didn't work out last week so he should get in an extra set of each excersize. He says his arms are tired and I ask him, do you think Evan Longoria sits around eating chilinuts? Pretty good, huh? And you know what he says?... Probably, sometimes. So I'm asking for a 2nd opinion. Anybody out there with some inside information. Does Evan Longoria eat chilinuts???

Sounds like some fun family time, lol. I wouldn't say he eats chillinuts but I am sure he gets his rest in as well. You have to work your brain as much as your body. Such a grueling process as you know. That is so good that you're so into it with him though, and keeping him motivated. Wish my parents would have done that when I was a kid, or at least acknowledged the fact that I wanted to play so badly.

I will make sure to ask Longo for you though when I see him this weekend here in Houston! Saturday will be my best chance, going to be very up close to the dugout, and if I can get ahold of him will definitely ask him for you and post on here. Excited to get to see my Rays since it doesn't happen often, will be sure to post pics as well.

Also, thank you for continuing to be a loyal fan and member here. It's appreciative. I know that it's a bit of a ghost town right now but am working hard to get things going. We should be advertised on the front page of google with anyone that searches anything about the Rays soon. As well as Yahoo, and Bing. Hopefully that will help to get some members.
Back to top Go down
https://rayschatter.forumotion.com

My son, chilinuts and Longo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
rayschatter :: Tampa Bay Rays :: General-
Jump to: