Talk all about the Tampa Bay Rays here!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The New PSP Vita

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TBraysfanforever
Admin

PostSubject: The New PSP Vita   Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:56 pm

The PSP Vita has been announced, which is news to me. The last news I heard was that it would be named the NGP, but that name has since been changed. The PSP is the only system I currently own, and I love it for Baseball and Hockey which is about all I play it for. For those of you not familiar, the PSP (Playstation Portable) is a portable gaming system made by Sony which has the highest capacity of graphics of any portable gaming to date (with the exception of the new Nintendo 3DS which is still an arguable point). The new PSPVita is supposed to have the graphic capacity of an XBOX360, which is great to me. I don't have enough room to clutter the place with consoles so I for one will be getting this system.

This new system will have 3G built in Wi-Fi, and won't use UMD's. Instead it will use a sort of file card that is still confusing even to me. We'll have to get more information on that, as I am not sure if this is a downloadable format or an actual card you use to put into the system.

Pricing you may ask? Well this was the biggest surprise to me. Many people said, $400, $500, or even $600! Well, Sony has announced its list price for when it hits shelves. For a regular PSP Vita with just Wi-Fi it will be only $249! And for the Vita with 3G Wi-Fi itt will only be $299! Which is a lot less than what was initially thought. For those wondering, the 3DS was released at $250, and this system is supposed to be substansially better as far as specs go. We'll have to wait and see.

Vita means "Life" in Latin, and the system will be nicknamed PSV.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rayschatter.forumotion.com

The New PSP Vita
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
rayschatter :: Off Topic :: Consoles-
Jump to: