Talk all about the Tampa Bay Rays here!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Bartlett trade made official

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TBraysfanforever
Admin

PostSubject: Bartlett trade made official   Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:46 pm

There was a bump in the road in last week's Bartlett trade. Today, the trade has gone through and Jason Bartlett has been traded for relievers Adam Russell, Cesar Ramos, Brandon Gomes, and infielder Cole Figuerora. The Rays also traded a player to be named later to San Diego.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rayschatter.forumotion.com
djhmmoh

PostSubject: Re: Bartlett trade made official   Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:03 am

I don't see any of the names we traded for, having any kind of positive impact on the team, at least not at the JB level. It doesn't seem as if this trade was made to improve our bullpen needs as just a way to shed payroll. Having seen this move I will not be surprised if one of our starters disappears as well. We are lucky we got a great front five on the cheap or Sonnanstine would be our Ace next year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TBraysfanforever
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bartlett trade made official   Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:37 pm

Well, these guys could very well have good years with us. I understand your feelings and I feel the same way about shedding the payroll, but we do need a bullpen and the fact that we have such a great starting five (six) means these guys should be even better. Our starters easily can go 8 innings so if we are able to continue that this year it will keep our bullpen in the best shape possible. I liked Bartlett defensively and he could do some things offensively, but honestly I think Brignac can probably match Bartlett's offensive stats considering none of our offense even batted .300 last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rayschatter.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bartlett trade made official   

Back to top Go down

Bartlett trade made official
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1