Talk all about the Tampa Bay Rays here!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

How about those Golden AL Gold Glovers!!??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
astrayinDAB

PostSubject: How about those Golden AL Gold Glovers!!??   Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:39 am

Fabulous for Crawford to get his while he IS still a Ray! Longoria on 2 of how many more!! But the buzz is all about Derek Jeter ~ Of course he deserves it again! He is the standard bearer for all shortstops, the shortstop they all emulate and imitate, and the shortstop they all want to become (ala Elvis Andrus). When they reach his standard they will get one too!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TBraysfanforever
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How about those Golden AL Gold Glovers!!??   Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:06 pm

astrayinDAB wrote:
Fabulous for Crawford to get his while he IS still a Ray! Longoria on 2 of how many more!! But the buzz is all about Derek Jeter ~ Of course he deserves it again! He is the standard bearer for all shortstops, the shortstop they all emulate and imitate, and the shortstop they all want to become (ala Elvis Andrus). When they reach his standard they will get one too!!
It was real nice to see Crawford get one in his probable last year as a Ray. Longo deserved it again too and am happy that he got another. First time for a player to win it twice in franchise history. All of this is just making the Rays even more popular and getting them known, hopefully it will continue and they will be able to attract more fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rayschatter.forumotion.com
bigdham0620

PostSubject: It's about time...   Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:22 am

It still amazes me that this is Carl's first Gold Glove; he should be on (at least) GG number 2 or 3 - but glad he finally got one. I wish we were able to keep him here, but if/when he leaves us, I really hope he signs with a team outside the AL East. I won't be able to stand watching him play in pinstripes or in dreaded Boston. Plus, I don't want us to have to play against him 16 times every year.

And Longoria deserves it too, and I'm excited to see how many he could get through his career.

And thanks for creating this forum, it will be nice to have a place to talk Rays baseball once they get things going again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KAKid

PostSubject: Re: How about those Golden AL Gold Glovers!!??   Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:46 am

Talk about poor reporting by MLB.com.

http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101111&content_id=16073632&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Fourth paragraph talking about Tulowitzki and Gonzalez of the Rockies winning Slugger and Glove awards. OK, they are teammates, but....

Buried deeper in the article was this: "Carl Crawford was the third member of the AL trio, the first win for the free-agent left fielder, late of the Rays." Evil or Very Mad Bold highlight is mine. Not a mention of his GG. I did post a rather scathing comment at the end of the article. Cool

bigdham0620 If he goes to NY, who wins the fight for number "13"? Shocked I wonder how big an issue that might be.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RaysFan56

PostSubject: Re: How about those Golden AL Gold Glovers!!??   Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:49 am

I, too, can't believe this is CC's first gold glove award....that is just mind boggling. So congrats to him and a huge congrats to Longo for winning his 2nd consecutive. Like KAKid said, Jeter is the gold standard for shortstops, Longo is now the gold standard for 3rd basemen. To me, Longo is the best 3rd baseman in all of baseball.....yes, MUCH better than ARoid ever thought about being. I am so very thankful we have him locked into a long term contract and don't have to think about him becoming a Yunkee or Blood Sock, lol. That being said, we all know that CC will probably wind up in the northeast. Honestly, I hope he will wind up out west, in either LA or TX. It's a crying shame he won't be back in a Rays uniform, but then again I can fully understand that he deserves to be paid what he is worth and the Rays just cannot afford him after cutting their payroll way back.

And KAKid? That article is more focused on the Silver Slugger awards, not the Gold Glove awards. But yeah, they could at least show much more respect for our guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigdham0620

PostSubject: Re: How about those Golden AL Gold Glovers!!??   Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:04 pm

@ KAKid - I'm sure A-Rod would win that one, with CC being the new kid in town; plus, I don't think CC is the kind of guy to get bent out of shape about a jersey number...hopefully, he"ll never wear the pinstripes and it won't be an issue Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about those Golden AL Gold Glovers!!??   

Back to top Go down

How about those Golden AL Gold Glovers!!??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1