rayschatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk all about the Tampa Bay Rays here!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Well can't figure this one!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
djhmmoh

djhmmoh

Well can't figure this one! Empty
PostSubject: Well can't figure this one!   Well can't figure this one! EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:02 am

I can understand CC and Pena getting FA since they both could get 8,9 digits, but not locking JP for 1.2M, I don't get it. The only thing I can figure is maybe they don't think he is gonna make it back soon enough to warrant a roster spot, or maybe they think nobody will notice. Any othere ideas, be glad to hear em.
Back to top Go down
TBraysfanforever
Admin
TBraysfanforever

PostSubject: Re: Well can't figure this one!   Well can't figure this one! EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:57 am

What happened with him? I never heard anything about it, but if they had a chance to lock him up and didn't that is crazy. He should come back stronger and better than ever.
Back to top Go down
https://rayschatter.forumotion.com
djhmmoh

djhmmoh

PostSubject: Re: Well can't figure this one!   Well can't figure this one! EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:07 am

It seems JP had a club option for 1.8M, not the previously mistadted 1.2M, and the Rays designated him non-tendered, which makes him a free agent. Freidman claims they have every intention of resigning him and the talks are ongoing. There must be a HUGE question about his health that would show up during any physical otherwise his agent could shop him easily elsewhere. If we don't resign him that means our bullpen is in even deeper doodoo, and we are gonna have to trade Bartlett and BJ just to have 10 pitchers, unless Gabe Kapler comes back as our closer!
Back to top Go down
TBraysfanforever
Admin
TBraysfanforever

PostSubject: Re: Well can't figure this one!   Well can't figure this one! EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:49 pm

Wow, JP, a free agent? I had no clue he could even BE a free agent this year.. We can't let him go, they better resign him.
Back to top Go down
https://rayschatter.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well can't figure this one!   Well can't figure this one! Empty

Back to top Go down

Well can't figure this one!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
rayschatter :: Tampa Bay Rays :: General-
Jump to: