rayschatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk all about the Tampa Bay Rays here!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our Beloved CC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
djhmmoh

djhmmoh

Our Beloved CC Empty
PostSubject: Our Beloved CC   Our Beloved CC EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:19 am

Carl Crawford is obviously a mandatory part of the Tampa Bay Rays. From the articles printed to date it would seem as though he will be getting around $100M. This he will receive for a 6 year deal. I think the Rays should offer him the 100 over 10-12 years. It wouldn't stretch the payroll to drastically, would lock him up forever insuring he doesn't play against us (especially 18 times a year in pinstripes). Whatever non productive years that come at the end of the contract could be utilized in a Baldelli type role, as ambassador, coach somewhere in the organization or guest pinchrunner, I mean lets get creative here. I think just the prevention of playing against a guy who is putting up record breaking numbers is worth something. If he is not able to play the last few years of his contract we could run him for Mayor of St. Pete and get the new stadium! This would also let us trade Jennings, Perez or Ruggiano and maybe get an arm for the pen.
Back to top Go down
TBraysfanforever
Admin
TBraysfanforever

Our Beloved CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Beloved CC   Our Beloved CC EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:31 am

I don't see the Rays doing that or C.C. excepting it. Even though he says what he says, I doubt he seriously wants to lock up his future in Tampa Bay. Let's face it, before 2008 we weren't winners. We never were. Crawford experienced that. Now, he's experienced what it's like to win. However, he knows that his chances of winning are to go to different teams and not stay with the same one for the rest of his career. The Rays might get back to losing and we may have to deal with it, but C.C. wants to win I am sure. Every player cares about the money, even if they say they don't, and as much as I like C.C. as a person and an athlete I think the chances of him going anywhere but where he will make the most money are slim. Don't worry about him playing in pinstripes though. The Yankees are pushing for Lee, they don't have much interest in C.C. Look for the Angels to push hard for C.C., and maybe some other teams with high payroll. In my opinion, the best way to go about it if you want to resign C.C. is to try to resign him for one more year. Ask him to come back for one more year, one more push for the World Series. I doubt it'll happen, that Friedman and his crew would even offer that since they always talk about how NOT to push for just one year, but that, in my opinion, would be the best way to re-sign C.C. To get everyone together (including Soriano) and ask them to just give it ONE more shot. We might would not win even if it happened, but to me it would be worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
https://rayschatter.forumotion.com
djhmmoh

djhmmoh

Our Beloved CC Empty
PostSubject: CC & Company   Our Beloved CC EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:50 am

Sure it would be great if everybody chipped in and gave it one more go, but with all the free agents we have including th whole bullpen, it would require at the minimum (status quo) the same payroll as 2010, and that aint happenin. I agree with you that CC will go for the bucks and I don't blame him after suffering in Tampa Bay so many years. My original post was just wishful thinking, because without Soriano and Benoit in the mix, he will want to move to a more serious contender.
Back to top Go down
TBraysfanforever
Admin
TBraysfanforever

Our Beloved CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Beloved CC   Our Beloved CC EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:58 am

Exactly. I'd like to see C.C. stay too, but if the Rays are going to lose anyways then I am fine with him going. We can't keep him and pay him the type of money we'd have to pay him. If we did that, we would have C.C. and then... Nobody else. Our team would be horrible. In reality, we have a better chance of winning without C.C. Long-term, at least. It's a nice thought and good wishful thinking but unfortunately probably won't happen. However, if the Yankees don't pursue him our chances of somehow keeping him would increase dramatically. It's possible that no one will put up the big bucks in these tough times, but we'll have to see.
Back to top Go down
https://rayschatter.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Our Beloved CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Beloved CC   Our Beloved CC Empty

Back to top Go down

Our Beloved CC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
rayschatter :: Tampa Bay Rays :: Traded-
Jump to: